Thursday 30 November 2023

An Another Angelus

An Another Angelus is a Japanesse brand. They specialize in elegant clothing with retro feeling, usually fitting into its season´s concept. They are very poetic in their presentation, trying to evoke the old charm as much as they can. 
I think I can leave then to introduce themself:

"A small hideaway quietly nestled in the back streets of Paris.
When you open the door. .. .. 』\
Expressing a nostalgic but new retro feeling like a lady,
Suggest an adult female wardrobe." 

I found out about them through Vinted, one dress I bought was made by them. It was an awesome loli-able jumperskirt in green tartan.


As of now, I don´t have a better picture of it (this one is by the seller), but I will wore it to the Christmas teaparty I atteded last year. It was be my first bigger event. It´s made out of plushy wool, making it very comfortable. I was told several times it makes me look like a Christmas Fairy or Victorian lady, both being nice vibes :D. 

Because of this pleasant experience, I looked into the brand little more. While they don´t cater to lolitas, their vintage, romantic style can easily blend into every wardrobe. And honestly, I feel like at least for Autumn and Christmas, everyone should have at least one piece like theirs in their wardrobe, regardless of style. Most of their products look nostalgic and cozy.
I can see them going well with otome.

From their Twitter

They release a new collection every season, with looks inspired by various decades of the 20th and late 19th century, those pieces being mostly solids, tartans or plaid. Sometimes, there is print, too, usually all over. I think my dress is the only one with a border print I saw.
They won´t let you freeze in winter, since they sell many coats, sweaters and even furry cuffs. Their last year's collection named Kaite, with theme of British holiday. 

The theme is "British holiday"
. Kaite's winter wardrobe will be developed in a busy British town during the holiday season.
You can enjoy shopping at a long-established department store with retro packages, or prepare for presents... ♪
Don't miss the season's key colors such as British green, gold, and red.
(Webpage)

But they aren´t afraid of experimenting, for example, they carry denim jumper skirt. Flowy, long and in two colors - indigo and orange.

From their web


This was last year, but it was my favorite collection so far. This year, their vision is Passage Marilou.
The theme is “Going to the “Passage” in Paris to prepare for winter”

"A bookstore with art books, a candy shop, miniatures and embroidery,
Visit unique shops such as yarn specialty stores and find your favorite...♡
Set in a passageway with a landscape that makes you feel like you've traveled back in time,
Unfold Malilou's winter wardrobe.
(Webpage)

Honestly, I´m not so excited about it. It lacks color (other than greys and whites, and a little bit of moody accents) and just overall looks unhappy to me. On the other hand, they have other fans that are able to actually shop in their store, and if they are happy, that´s all what matters.

Source

They are one of the brands that writes model's height under every photo. It´s very helpful, especially if you are of an unusual height like me. I hate having to shorten everything I buy, mostly when I think it´s going to be good. Now I wouldn´t have false expectations and wouldn´t end up disappointed.
(No, really, I am just a little bit shorter than their shortest model - their clothes would probably fit me perfectly :D.) Their page also carries many coordinates.
They also promote their staff with their styling on Instagram. Each one has a different style. At least they didn´t sacrifice their quality, still being proud about their original textils.

And if you are a hat person, they won´t let you down. I think hats are seriously underrated by the majority. Not just berets, those are pretty common, but cloches, straw hats, etc. At least bucket hats are having their moment 


But their clothes aren´t just for ladies. I probably made it look like they make dresses just for tea parties and cricket. Their clothes can easily be styled in a more youthful way. I know stating that something is youthful makes it even older, but please, trust me.



I think that I will have to get more clothes from them, because they seem like great opinion for career. I can imagine myself attending... ehh... meetings? Or any other stuff film producents do. I like they can be both casual and dressy, depending on the context and stylization. 
So have a nice day, bye!

I wrote this article for my old blog, but updated it and rewrote some parts. I love this brand, so I couldn´t help it but promote them. They are not well know, which is a shame. For some pictures, I couldn´t find a source, but they are all from the official website.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Some Christmas Dresses

 Hi! I have not abandoned you, my dear readers. I just didn´t have time to write anything. During last two months, I had three part-time job...