Monday 13 November 2023

Lolita Hairstyles

 Hi!
While I never know what to do with my fine, short, damaged hair, I still love seeing those lolita hairstyles. While those are not worn only with lolita, my brain has them connected to the fashion. I´m thinking about getting a wig, so I could get more adventurous with my styling.

Puffball Updo
I´m not sure if it´s called that, but this tutorial uses this term, so I will go with that. There are more ways to achieve this look, but either way, I think it´s very cute. It compliments sweet and makes casual stand out more. I updos + 2010s sweet are match made in heaven.
If I will ever get my hands on Meta´s Trump Poodle OP, this is the hairstyle I´m going with.

Source

Mana Puffs 
On oposite side, there is this relic of old school goth. I don´t think I see this one as often now, which is a shame. I will try to learn this hairstyle, because it´s simply iconic. I like the fact that you can fit a big rectangle headdress or any other accessory with it. Here´s a tutorial.

Source

Braided Loops
I see those very often with old school coords but less with modern ones. i have to admit, they are not as versatile and probably wouldn´t suit everyone (for example, I don´t look very good with them), but they are adorable, nostalgic and if anyone can pull them off, then it´s one of the greatest hairdos in my opinion. 
It reminds me of old fairytales.

Source with tutorial

Models in all of those fotos have bangs, which makes them more balanced, but not everyone wants to cut a fringe. Those are just references and they can be modified to suit anyone. Good luck with that, I would love to see bangless versions :D.

Do you have any favorite/go to hairstyle?

2 comments:

  1. These hairstyles are very iconic! I want to try the puffball one someday!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I just wish I had more hair :D.

      Delete

Some Christmas Dresses

 Hi! I have not abandoned you, my dear readers. I just didn´t have time to write anything. During last two months, I had three part-time job...