Wednesday 18 September 2024

1st Week; 5 pieces that every Lolita wardrobe should have, regardless of style

Hii ʕ ᵔᴥᵔ ʔ


As research for this challenge, I went through my oldest blog and found out that this is actually the third time I´m attempting this. And that I actually forgot what my first lolita piece was, but that´s a story for another time. I didn´t want to go for the obvious - petticoat, white blouse, etc. What do you consider universal essentials?


1. Earmuffs
Can you tell that I´m freezing right now? :D Earmuffs are not always practical. They get in a way, you can´t hear through them, and at least I hate using them at the same time as my headphones. Unfortunately, they are so damn cute. And accesible. And I feel like they balance every outfit out so nicely. You have nothing to put on your head? You don´t feel like doing an elaborate hairdo? Well, if it´s cold outside, here are earmuffs!


2. Fan
If you have the oposite problem, a fan might help you. Simple black, pink, or one with patterns can be easy to get. You can go for more elaborate one, almost like from Versailles. Some european courts even had a fan language – you can learn some phrases with you friends and use it at meetups, just make sure no one else understands before you sign anything scandalous! :D

3. Brooches
You wanted to be casual, but not so casual? Or you don´t feel OTT enough, yet your arms, neck and head don´t have any spare space? Well, cute brooche is your best friend. You can go for elegant pearls, little leaf (I do think about Fellowship of the Ring a lot) or something outragiously extravagant, it´s up to you! And since not everyone wears them, it can gather some attention from fellow lolitas and maybe even become a great conversation starter.

4. Go-to headpiece
I feel like I covered this with earmuffs, but I think this is way more helpful whole year around. Do you have any piece, as simple as can be, that you always just throw on? It doesn´t have to go with every single one of your pieces, but it would be helpful. For me, it used to be Margaretha Head Bow, now I prefer simple black headbows. It can be a small bonnet, head-eating bow, or anything that makes your coords feel more complete.

5. Huge collection of socks and tighs
I used to hate getting those under Christmastree, now I specifically request this every year. It´s just so helpful! Not just simple black OTKs in many pairs, but colourful (remember the red thighs trend?), with patterns, lace even… not to mention few matching ones if you are into prints. I think that everyone, even outside the lolita spectrum should have a collection of sock and tighs!


Source


Right now, Paris is getting a little bit warmer. Which is nice, but I´m still looking for new black blazer. It´s such a staple of 80s goth. I already have at least three coats, so it will be a nice change. 

Even chilly weather can´t stop us from having a picnic. I went this Monday, maybe chatched a flu, but it was worth it! We went to Jardin de Luxembourg and then to Gibert, this nice 5 floor bookshop. They had amazing renditions of classics as Metamorphosis from Kafka and even a Dracula, but I bought French conversation instead. 
Then we had another picnic near Seina, complete with a jazz band playing behind us. I don´t know if I have ever felt so peaceful.

I hope you are doing good! What is your favourite thing about autumn?

No comments:

Post a Comment

1st Week; 5 pieces that every Lolita wardrobe should have, regardless of style

Hii  ʕ ᵔᴥᵔ ʔ ,  As research for this challenge, I went through my oldest blog and found out that this is actually the third time I´m attempt...