Sunday 24 December 2023

Some Christmas Dresses

 Hi!
I have not abandoned you, my dear readers. I just didn´t have time to write anything. During last two months, I had three part-time jobs. There have been times when I covered three schfits between 24-hour slots, so when I could, I either slept or studied. Or got drunk with my friends. We weren't even partying, which makes it kinda sad. 
I just got home yesterday and only now I start to feel some Christmas spirit. We are a bunch of festive maniacs when it comes to Christmas, me any my family, so it was strange to not be able to spend time with them, making sweets, decorating tree, etc. 
Well, to compensate for that (at least a little bit), I decided to take a look at my favorite Christmas dresses. I won´t share all the photos, only those I like the most, because otherwise this would take hours to upload.



On Lolibrary, the oldest listed Chrismas dress is Christmas Limited Velveteen Tiered JSK from 2002, and while I love velveteen dresses and tiered skirts, it seems bit too plain. I wanted to like it, but it´s just too disappointing. Just plain botice and skirt. It looks like they didn´t even try to come up with something, and instead relied on the Christmas marketing magic. 
(Still would totally wear it, tho). Before that, there was Jane Marple skirt from 1999, but I will leave it´s lolita-bility up to you. 
I´m not againist simplicity. Otherwise, I wouldn´t love X-Mas Moitie so much. They used to do Christmas specials between 2004 and 2009 and then stopped, leaving me longing for something I didn´t even register at the time. I was 8 when they left the premise, and didn´t know lolita, but I haven´t been happy since then. 
My favorites are Limited Minidress for Chrismas, X-Mas Special Minidress (2006) and X-Mas Special Minidress (2009).



They aren´t polished, but that doesn´t make them cheap, either, and I love that. Imagine this with sloppy hat and that Jenny Fairy platforms. Even with giant cross, those dresses don´t exactly scream Christmas, but that´s not bad. Still, I would love to see Moitie Gingerbread house, ornaments and Christmas trees :D.


This is probably in my top 10 Moitie dresses. It comes in black and white (cream? Off-white?) x black. It has gorgeous details and a silhouette that looks very cosy. I want it so bad.


This comes in red, green and blue. It kind of screams mall goth and I want to listen to Paramore in it.

Same can be said about Nightmare Before Christmas JSK Set. Is it really Christmassy? Not at all, but it´s Burtonesque enough. 

What really screams winter holidays to me? Intricate white gown. Baby has me covered with this, with Christmas Ornament. There are two versions, from 2007 and 2014.


You can get the original version in off-white, red, black and pink. The ornaments on the veil aren´t really visible on the off-white version, but it´s just too pretty to pass. This my favortie type of bodice. This dress as a whole remind me of Pavlova torte.


 The waist has moved up and colors changed (to black, white, sax and pink), but the eternal quality has stayed. Young elfs wour wear the hell out of this. I will probably cry over this dress.
The ornaments are even less noticeable on this piece. I like hidden details, it´s like a little secret between you and the designer. 

Until we move to printed dress, I will mention Alice and the Pirates. How could I not, when they have this?



Meet Clara Dress Up Nightgown OP, the dress I would take to opera. Or musical. I´m going to Paris for three months (more on that later) and I would love this piece to accompany me.

I don´t want to look like someone who hates print. I like printed pieces, I just find them harder to wear everyday. Lucky for me, Christmas are not every day, so if I need a special dress, it´s going to be Christmas themed.

One brand that is always on theme is Baby. They don´t miss oportunity to show who lives the best life - - it´s definitely Kumya. They don´t have just dresses with Kumya´s holidays, but bows, totes and even capes for your bear. Even jewelry is just too cute to handle.
My favourite main piece in the series is Kumya chan’s Christmas Holly Night Ribbon JSK. I consider 2014 peak sweet border prints. This has the right amount of space around the main print. The ornaments above it doesn´t appear too distractng, they are a nice addition to it. 
I often have this problem with border prints that everything around them just makes me feel like should´ve released it as a painting instead. Not with this one. Also, I´m sucker for gingerbread houses.

My fondness for Cookie Print JSK (ETC) proves it. I also like empire waist, even if it doesn´t really suit me.

Not all prints have to be sugary sweet, as Traumerei of Bright Stars JSK proves. As usual, you can have it in pink, black, brown and red, but I like pink most. It´s nice muted shade and it glooms like red evening sky over the town. The red one reminds me more of a nuclear apocalypse.

I think it has similar vibes to Peppermint Fox Hettie Brooch. I´m not too keen on brooches, but this one is just too adorable.


Another cute town, this time with gingerbread houses and sweets, appears on Fancy Noel OP. One of the colorways is navy, which I probably didn´t see among Christmas dresses yet. It´s a shame.
With every passing year, I´m starting to like OPs more and more. I used to be JSK person, but maybe not for very much longer.
 


Chrismas aren´t just sweets. For a lot of people, it´s tied to specific stories. My family isn´t into ballet so I don´t see the appeal of nutcracker, but Märchen die Prinzessin´s The Nutcracker JSK shows the energy well enough even for me. 
Classical deep red and gold combo along with elegant silhoutte. I really like the neckline. This dress as a whole seems very elegant. It´s in blue and black too, but this version is perfect.


Miss Empress released amazing Empress Christmas JSK. It reminds me of the movie Roman Holiday, I watch it right now. They always air it on 24th December here for some reason. We watch it yearly, and along with Some Like it Hot it´s one of my favorite traditions. 
I feel like Audrey Hepburn would look amazing in them.


What would be my ideal Chrismtas dress? Definitelly some red x green tartan OP. My Christmas are Dickensian, obviously, and my picks prove it.
First is British Check Adelaide OP by Victorian Maiden. It´s straight out of Christmas Carol. It´s a little bit funny, but out of all of it´s adaptions with famous Shakespearean actors and expensive costumes, I prefer the Jim Carrey film most. 
This dress is simple, with cute sleeves and the right amount of ruffles (which is a lot).


The other one is British Tartan OP by Angelic Pretty. Christmas and Britain are very close in my mind. Can you blame, with movies like Love Actually a nd Notting Hill being broadcasted every advent here in Czech Republic?


It´s more cheerful than the previous dress. In a movie, it would be the same character, but before their parents died and they had to get a job and lose their dreams. 

Merry Chrismat for all of you!
Bye!

2 comments:

  1. All these dresses are gorgeous! If I was going to pick one, I would go for Fancy Noel, I love prints haha. I wish you a happy new year!

    ReplyDelete

Some Christmas Dresses

 Hi! I have not abandoned you, my dear readers. I just didn´t have time to write anything. During last two months, I had three part-time job...