Monday 4 December 2023

Coffee Prints

Hi!
I think it´s safe to say that most of us need coffee to survive. Without them, our mornings feel incomplete, moods ruined, days feel bleak. This addiction is even a common joke. 

I feel like there is this fight between fans of tea and fans of coffee - you are either one or another. The same goes for bars and pubs, there is this often-used sentence "I don´t like drinking, I´m more of a teahouse/coffeehouse person". There are stereotypes of usual enjoyers of all beverages. It´s strange if you think about it, but I´m not here to spark a discussion about our view of mundane choices and the need to be in a group. 
Lolitas are usually associated with tea. Tea is elegant, healthier and doesn´t tend to leave such horrendous stains. I don´t know anyone who feel awful after tea, while coffee makes a lot of people dizzy - all those low caffeine or lactose intolerant folks have good reason to avoid coffee. I have a friend that becomes paranoid after drinking just one cup. This may be the reason why there are seemingly so little coffee themed pieces - only two pages worth of content on Lolibrary. While that´s not so much, it would still be too much to review all of them. That´s why I´m cherrypicking my favorites.

One of them is this amazing Q-pot Coffee set. It contains two necklaces and a ring. I don´t even know why I like it so much, but it made me check out Q-pot for the first time. They have so many cute accessories, now I can´t stop scrolling. I usually prefer casual/classic, but they are able to turn me to the sweet side.


Lately, I have been obsessed with Emily Temple Cute. Maybe I finally realised that I´m not cut to be every day lolita but I still want to incorporate my pieces to my everyday life and that made me appreciate more casual brands?
ETC´s Coffee Break Camisole JSK is one of their less flashy pieces. Just a print, nothing too dramatic in construction, yet it still seems well-made and comfortable. I can imagine just throwing cardigan over this and going to a coffeeshop. It comes in three colours, pink, brown and cream and has an OP counterpart. That one reminds me of Tootsie too much.






As soon as I saw the name of this one - Fleeting Moments ~Mysterious Coffee Shop Under the Moon - I knew it´s gonna be Alice and the Pirates. It´s a part of series and while I like the atmosphere (those grim colours are the personification of November for me), I´m not so keen about the print. When you take a closer look, it´s cofee, of course, but it´s little blurry and too delicate. In motion, I wouldn´t probably register what is going on with the skirt. 
Still, overall design is nice to look at and I loved all the colorways - dark brown, green caramel and black.


There is not too much going on with Coffee Time JSK (Infanta). Design and print are nothing to write home about, yet it´s still kinda charming. It´s like an old cartoon. I would probably change bodice as the straps seem too wide and the neckline doesn´t look right either, but it fits together. 
I wish there was a little more refined rerelease, I would definitely buy it.


Honorable mention goes to Cafe Latte Tiered JSK (AP), which is simple but elegant, very original Eat Me Ink Me´s Matcha Latte Skirt Set and the brand Kaneko, which dedicated a whole series to Pumpkin Spice Latte. It´s really more pumpkin than latte and I´m not so fond of colors, but it´s cute nonetheless.

Just for fun, I tried to put together my own coffee inspired coord. I haven´t found the right app yet, after years of using Photoshop, nothing seems quite right to be honest. I will try another outfits next time, hopefully I will get better at my editing game. 
This is inspired by cappuccino. I had fun searching for those pieces, but I now seriously need that dress. 


Coord Rundown
JSK: Macaron Lace JSK (Emily Temple Cute)
Blouse: Haru-chan's Wish Weaving Flower Embroidery Blouse (BtSSB)
Accassories: Coffee set (Q-pot), CharmsOnThings, CosmicCreatedMagic
Bag: Sweets Scallop Ribbon Pochette (BtSSB)
Tighs: Lace Off White thighs (Jiuguva)
Shoes: Vintage (???)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Some Christmas Dresses

 Hi! I have not abandoned you, my dear readers. I just didn´t have time to write anything. During last two months, I had three part-time job...