Wednesday 2 October 2024

3rd Week: What my own Lolita lifestyle is like

Hi! ♡( ◡‿◡ )

A lot has changed since 2022. I still don´t go to a lot of meet-ups and tea parties, even though I would love to and I´m currently working on getting more into the community. Also, i don´t quote Brain Dead or Green Street Butcher nearly as much, but I still draw in the plain air.

Honestly, isn´t plain air drawing (rather than painting, think about all the stains) such a cute lifestyle acitivity? I think it would be a fun theme for a meet-up next spring.

I have since moved out my parent´s flat and lived with two unusually messy guys, so I wouldn´t have elegant room even if I tried to, but I want to try more with decor next time. I want to buy some cute lights (Halloween lights from Sinsay? Sign me in!), get to hang some of my lolita art and postcards and overal mix all of that elegance with macabre. I´m probably going to live with my high school friends when I move back to Olomouc, so that would be so much easier!
Also, I really want a shrine for my plushes.
For me, home decor goes hand in hand with music and library. Afterall, those create the atmosphere. I would also get dry ice for this, but it´s much less practical. Right now, I´m a j-rock freak again. I started listening to shitton of Malice Mizer and Versailles out of nostalgia, and I´m trying to branch out to some new bands, too. I will probably make another post about this.
It would be nice to decorate walls with some posters, too. Is this going to be the semester when I get to choose the decor on the wall? (Yes, I always had temperamental roommates.)
Also, I got back to reading manga. My love for comics has never left me, and even if manga is its own separate thing in many ways, I just had to come back. I´m trying to finish Nana (no one prepared me. It was supposed to be fun), and I just binged Love Stage! out of pure nostalgia. I would like some physical mangas too, I think I only have my ancient Hetalia.

As to actual free time, I crochet, I knit, I read a lot… I´m a gradma. But, since I drink matcha and eat mochi with it, it´s a Japanesse grandma. That´s good enough, right?
Right now, I´m trying to romanticize my life a little bit. I avoid drinking alcohol (max two glasses), I didn´t smoke in quite some time (it´s expensive, so I can´t even get it from anyone here) and I´m getting my mood swings under control. Also self-care, some me-time and retail-window-therapy on Vinted end Lacemarket. I genuienly didn´t like the person I became, so I need to work on myself a little more.
Those are not necessary lolita things, but the notion of EGL makes it feel more personal to me.

Type of decor I would enjoy
Source



See you soon! ♡ ~('▽^人)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Rue de la Verrerie; Best Thrifting Street in Paris?

Hiii! The city of love is just as expensive as you would expect. With all the boutiques, brands and price of rent, I pretty much window shop...